List of Business
Provincial Assembly Secretariate of
AGENDA FOR THE DAY
House sits at 10:00 am Morning on Tuesday January 13th,2009.
Recitation of the Holy Quran
(Answers Will be given to the questions about Irrigation Deptt. )
3. Leave applications of the Honourable Members (if any )
4. Announcement by the Speaker (if any )
5. Privilege motion ( if any )
6. Adjournment motion ( if any )
7. Call attention notices ( if any )
Summary of Proceedings
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF NWFP
SUMMARY OF PROCEEDINGS OF THE 6th SESSION
OF NWFP ASSEMBLY TUESDAY 13TH JANUARY 2009.
Mr. Kiramatullah Khan, Speaker assumed the chair at 11:15 A.M. and proceedings commenced with recitation from the Holy Qur’an.
2. Leave applications of the following members were accepted by the House:-
i. Mr. Ziyad Akram Durrani, MPA from 13/1/2009 to 15/1/2009
ii. Dr. Iqbal Din, MPA for 13/1/2009
iii. Mr. Ahmad Khan Bahadur, MPA from 13/1/2009 to 15/1/2009
iv. Mr. Qaiser Wali Khan, MPA for 13/1/2009
3. The following questions relating to Irrigation Department were disposed off:
i. Q. No. 56 by Hafiz Akhtar Ali, MPA replied.
ii. Q. No. 77 by Dr. Zakirullah Khan, MPA (Referred to Standing
Committee on Irrigation Department).
iii. Q. No. 85 by Dr. Zakirullah Khan, MPA replied.
iv. Q. No. 93 by Dr. Zakirullah Khan, MPA replied.
v. Q. No. 94 by Dr.Zakirullah Khan, MPA satisfied.
vi. Q. No. 96 by Mr. Ghulam Muhammad, MPA replied.
vii. Q. No. 101 by Mr. Ghulam Muhammad, MPA (Referred to Standing Committee on Irrigation Department).
viii. Q. No. 111 by Mr. Ghulam Muhammad, MPA (Referred to Standing Committee on Irrigation Department).
ix. Q. No. 118 by Syed Qalb-e-Hassan, MPA lapsed.
x. Q. No. 151 by Mr. Israrullah Khan Gandapur, MPA replied.
xi. Q. No. 181 by Dr. Muhammad Khalid Raza Pir Zakori Sharif, MPA replied.
4. CALL ATTENTION NOTICE
C. A. No. 121 moved by Major ® Baseer Ahmad Khattak, MPA and Mr. Pervez Khattak, Minister for Irrigation replied by Minister for Revenue.
5. On a point raised by Mr. Abdul Akbar Khan, MPA under rule 52E of the Rules enforce, not more than two calling attention could be taken up on one day. He moved the motion that for the current session rule 52E may be suspended and Mr. Speaker may be allowed to take call attention notices as many as possible.
6. The House allowed the motion and suspended rule 52E for the current session.
7. On a point of order raised by Mst: Nighat Yasmin Orakzai, MPA that the contract employees from various part of the province gathered in front of press club and some of them are protesting out side the Assembly for their employment, which was supported by Mst: Shazia Aurangzeb, MPA.
8. Mr. Abdul Akbar Khan, MPA informed the House that he presented a Bill for the regularization of the contract employees which is pending before the Select Committee and the meeting is awaited for the Chief Minister because who is the Chairman of the said Committee being Minister Incharge of Establishment Department. He also informed that under rule 89, in the absence of the Minister Incharge the Deputy Speaker shall be the Chairman of the Select Committee. Therefore he requested the Chair that Deputy Speaker may be allowed to preside over the meeting of the Select Committee. The Speaker has given the ruling that due to heavy load of work on the Chief Minister. Therefore the Deputy Speaker may preside the meeting of the Select Committee.
9. On behalf of Minister for Housing, Minister for Law, Parliamentary Affairs and Human Rights moved the motion that the Defence Housing Authority Bill, 2008 introduced in the Provincial Assembly of NWFP on 19/08/2008 may be withdrawn under rule 107(1). The House allowed the motion.
10. Minister for Mineral Development and Technical Education, moved that the NWFP Province Sarhad Development Authority Mineral Wing (Taking-Over) Bill, 2008 introduced in the Provincial Assembly of NWFP on 29/08/2008 may be withdrawn under rule 107(1). The House allowed the motion.
11. The sitting was adjourned till 14th January, 2009 at 10:00 A.M.