List of Business
ROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA.
Agenda for the Day
The Proceeding of the House will commence on friday ,January 28th, 2011
At 10:00 AM
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran and its translation
2. Question Hour
(Answers will be given to the questions regarding the Communication & Works, Establishment, Agriculture, Live & Cooperation, Irrigation &Revenue Department)
3. Leave Applications (If Any)
4. Announcement from the Chair (If Any)
5. Privilege Motions (If Any)
6. Adjournment Motions (If Any)
7. Call Attention Notices (If Any)
Summary of Proceedings
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF KHYBER
SUMMARY OF PROCEEDINGS OF THE 16th SESSION
Friday 28th January, 2011
The proceedings of the House commenced with recitation from the Holy Quran followed by Urdu translation at 11:00 A.M. Mr. Khushdil Khan Advocate, Speaker, Provincial Assembly was in the Chair.
2. The following questions relating to Establishment, Agriculture, Livestock & Cooperation, Irrigation and Information & Public Relations Department were taken up by the August House:-
1. Question No. 1023 by Mr. Muhammad Javid Abbasi, MPA was called and lapsed due to absence of the mover.
2. Question No. 1193 by Malik Badshah Salih, MPA was called and replied on the request of Mr. Saqibullah Khan Chamkani, MPA.
3. Question No. 1306 by Mufti Syed Janan, MPA was called and Mr. Abdul Akbar khan and Mr. Israrullah Khan Gandapur, Members Provincial Assembly gave notice under rule 48 for discussion.
4. Question No. 1316 by Mst: Noor Sahar, MPA was called and lapsed due to absence of the mover.
5. Question No. 1317 by Mst: Noor Sahar, MPA was called and lapsed due to absence of the mover.
6. Question No. 1323 by Mst: Noor Sahar, MPA was called and lapsed due to absence of the mover.
7. Question No. 1302 by Syed Qalb-e-Hassan, MPA was called and replied.
8. Question No. 1307 by Syed Qalb-e-Hassan, MPA was called and Mr. Sardar Hussain Babak, Minister for Elementary & Secondary Education assured the mover that detail of Class-IV employees relating to District Kohat will be provided to him.
9. Question No. 1344 by Syed Qalb-e-Hassan, MPA was called and replied.
10. Question No. 1042 by Mr. Shah Hussain Khan, MPA was called and replied.
11. Question No. 1077 by Mufti Syed Janan, MPA was called and replied.
12. Question No. 1078 by Mufti Syed Janan, MPA was called and replied.
13. Question No. 1079 by Mufti Syed Janan, MPA was called and replied.
14. Question No. 1338 by Mufti Syed Janan, MPA was called and replied.
3. The House granted leave to the following Hon’able Members:-
1. Mr. Sher Azam Khan Wazir, (28/01/2011)
Minister for Labour.
2. Mst: Sitara Ayaz, (28/01/2011)
Minister for Social Welfare and
3. Raja Faisal Zaman, MPA (28/01/2011)
4. Mr. Waqar Ahmad Khan, MPA (28/01/ 2011)
5. Mr. Muhammad Javid Abbasi, MPA (28/01/2011)
6. Haji Qalandar Khan Lodhi, MPA (28/01/2011)
7. Dr. Zakirullah Khan, MPA (28/01/2011)
8. Sardar Aurangzeb Nalotha, MPA (28/01/2011)
9. Mst. Sajida Tabassum, MPA (28/01/2011)
CALL ATTENTION NOTICES
4. The following Call Attention Notices were taken up by the August House:-
(a) Call Attention Notice No. 451 by Mr. Aurangzeb Khan, MPA pertaining to extension of Charsadda Rood was moved and on behalf of Chief Minister Mr. Bashir Ahmad Bilour, Senior Minister for Local Government, Elections & Rural Development made a brief statement thereon.
(b) Call Attention Notice No. 462 by Syed Jafar Shah, MPA relating timber flush out in recent flood from Khalam, Bahrain and Madian was lapsed due to absence of the mover.
5. Mr. Saqibullah Khan Chamkani , MPA on a point of order raised the issue of installation of independent feeder and special line to Institute of Kidney Diseases Hayatabad by the PESCO for which initial amount of Rs 1,13,76,225 was deposited. He said after one year the PESCO demanded additional amount of Rs. 55 lacs, and changed the direction of feeder installation to oblige one of its bosses to provide electricity to a factory owned by him. He told the House that FIA is also investigating in this regard. He said how much the PESCO officials charged from the Provincial Government as the public representatives annually spend million of rupees on the new transmission lines and repair of transformers. He said that technically the public representatives did not know about the process and rely on the estimation of PESCO. He requested the Chair that a Special Committee be constituted to thrash out discrepancy, embezzlement and abuse of powers by the PESCO, Officers.
6. Mr. Bashir Ahmad Bilour, Senior Minister for Local Government, Elections and Rural Development, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, Minister for Information and Public Relations and Mr. Abdul Akbar Khan, MPA also supported Mr. Saqibullah Khan Chamkani, MPA and requested the Chair to constitute a Special Committee to probe in to the scam and PESCO official should be awarded exemplary punishment for their involvement.
7. After detail discussion on the issue by the lawmakers, the House constituted a Special Committee to probe in to the scam.
8. The sitting was adjourned till Monday, 31st January, 2011 at 10:00 AM.