List of Business
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA.
Agenda for the Day
The Proceeding of the House will commence on Monday,14th February, 2011.
At 10:00 AM
Recitation from the Holy Quran and its translation
(Answers will be given to the questions regarding Industries, Sports, Culture and Tourism, Auqaf, Hajj, Religious Affairs and Law, Parliamentary Affairs and Human Rights Department)
Leave Applications (If Any)
Announcement from the Chair (If Any)
Privilege Motion (If Any)
Adjournment Motion (If Any)
Call Attention Notices (If Any)
Summary of Proceedings
SUMMARY OF PROCEEDINGS OF 14TH February 2011
Proceedings of the House commenced with recitation from the Holy Quran followed by its Urdu translation at 11:07 A.M.. Mr. Khushdil Khan Advocate, Speaker, Provincial Assembly was in the Chair.
2. QUESTION HOUR: Questions related to the Communication & Works, Industries, Sports, Culture & Tourism, Auqaf, Hajj, Religious & Minority Affairs and Law, Parliamentary Affairs & Human Rights Departments were taken-up for answers:-
(a) The following questions were replied:-
i. No.1255 of Malik Qasim Khan Khattak, MPA.
ii. No.1019 of Mufti Said Janan, MPA on the request of Haji Qalandar Khan Lodhi, MPA.
iii. No.1197 of Mst: Noor Sahar, MPA. The Minister for Auqaf, Hajj, Religious and Minority Affairs assured her that inquiry would be conducted in respect of depositing money in banks over fewer rates instead of higher rates bank i.e. Khyber Bank was available. The Chair directed him to furnish report of such inquiry to the Members for information.
(b) The following questions were kept pending due to absence of the concerned Minister:-
i. No.1161 of Mufti Said Janan, MPA.
ii. No.1181 of Mr. Saqib Ullah Khan Chamkani, MPA.
iii. No.1185 of Malik Badshah Salih, MPA.
iv. No.1188 of Malik Badshah Salih, MPA.
v. No.1207 of Mst: Noor Sahar, MPA.
vi. No.1243 of Mr. Muhammad Zamin Khan, MPA.
vii. No.1266 of Dr. Zakirullah Khan, MPA.
viii. No.1267 of Mst: Nighat Yasmin Orakzai, MPA.
ix. No.1311 of Mufti Said Janan, MPA.
x. No.1336 of Mufti Said Janan, MPA.
xi. No.1345 of Syed Qalb-e-Hassan, MPA.
xii. No.1349 of Syed Qalb-e-Hassan, MPA.
(c) Question No.859 of Mr. Isrrar Ullah Khan Gandaproe, MPA was deferred for next date due to non-availability of reply.
(d) Question No.1083 of Mr. Shah Hussain Khan, MPA was lapsed due to absence of the mover.
(e) Question No.1140 of Mst: Noor Sahar, MPA referred to Standing Committee No. 06 on Auqaf, Hajj & Religious Affairs Department.
(f) Question No.1182 of Malik Badshah Salih, MPA was not put by the Member being satisfied.
3. LEAVE APPLICATIONS.
The House granted leave to the following honorable Members:-
i. Mufti Said Janan (14th February 2011)
ii. Mr. Muhammad Anwar Khan Advocate (14th February 2011)
4. PRIVILEGE MOTION
· Privilege Motion No. 132 of Mr. Isrrar Ullah Khan Gandapore, MPA was withdrawn.
· Privilege Motion No. 134 of Mr. Ateef-ur-Rehman, MPA was withdrawn by the mover on the assurance of Senior Minister for LGE&RD i.e. inquiry would be conducted in the matter as raised in the motion.
5. ADJOURNMENT MOTION
· Adjournment Motion No. 241 was moved by Mr. Abdul Akbar Khan, MPA but on the explanation of the Minister for Food the mover did not press his motion.
· Adjournment Motion No. 246 was moved by Mst: Nighat Yasmin Orakzai, MPA but on the explanation of the Senior Minister for LGE&RD the mover did not press her motion.
6. CALL ATTENTION NOTICES
· Calling Attention Notice No. 490 of Mr. Gohar Nawaz khan, MPA was called but lapsed due to absence of the mover.
· Calling Attention Notice No. 494 of Mr. Ghulam Mohammad, MPA was moved and statement was made by the Senior Minister for LGE&RD thereon.
· Joint Calling Attention Notice No. 495 moved by Mr. Sher Shah Khan, MPA on behalf of other movers was moved and statement was made by the Senior Minister for LGE&RD thereon.
· A point was raised by Mr. Saqib Ullah Khan Chamkani, MPA regarding non-refunding of exemption of Income Tax on the basis of profit and gain to the business class amounting to 3 billion rupees. The Chair directed to call a meeting of the said Member, concerned RTO and Senior Minister LGE&RD to resolve the matter.
7. RESOLUTION UNDER ARTICLE 128(2)(a) OF THE CONSITUTION.
The House unanimously adopted the resolution under clause (2)(a) of Article 128 of the Constitution moved by Sardar Hussain Babak, Minister for E&SE on behalf of Minister for Higher Education extending the Iqra National University Ordinance, 2010 (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Ordinance No. VII of 2010) for a further period of ninety days with effect from the date of expiry of the said Ordinance.
8. REPORT OF STANDING COMMITTEE NO. 20 ON PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT.
The above captioned Report was adopted by the House on the motion of Mr. Muhammad Zamin Khan, MPA after granting time extension for presentation of the Report.
In suspension of rule 124 under rule 240 the following members moved resolutions which were adopted unanimously by the House,-
· Dr. Iqbal Din, MPA.
· Mrs. Tabassum Shams, MPA.
· Mr. Isrrar Ullah Khan Gandapore, MPA.
· Malik Qasim Khan Khattak, MPA.
· Dr. Zakir Ullah Khan, MPA.
10. THE CHAIR READ OUT PROROGATION ORDER OF GOVERNOR, KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA MADE UNDER ARTICLE 109(b) OF THE CONSTITUTION AND CONSEQUENT THERETO THE SESSION OF THE ASSEMBLY WAS PROROGUED SINE-DIE.