List of Business
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA
LIST OF BUSINESS
Thursday, the 16th August, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
1. Recitation of the Holy Quran followed by the Translation.
2. (i) Oath of Memberٴ-elect. (if any)
(ii) Signing Roll of Members.
3. Announcement from the Chair. (if any)
4. Election of Chief Minister.
Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Summary of Proceedings
SUMMARY OF PROCEEDINGS THURSDAY, THE 16th AUGUST, 2018
THURSDAY, THE 16th AUGUST, 2018
Proceedings of the House commenced with recitation from the Holy Quran followed by its Urdu translation at 11:00 A.M. Mr. Mushtaq Ahmad Ghani, Speaker Provincial Assembly was in the Chair.
2. Mr. Azizullah Khan, Member-elect took oath before the House and thereafter, he signed the Roll of Members in pursuance of Rule 6 of the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Procedure and Conduct of Business Rules (hereinafter called as the Rules), 1988 read with Article 65 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan (hereinafter called as the Constitution).
3. ELECTION OF THE CHIEF MINISTER.-Before the commencement of the election, Mr. Speaker announced the names of the candidates in the order in which their nomination papers were received and declared valid i.e. Mian Nisar Gul, MPA from PK-85 Karak-I and Mr. Mahmood Khan, MPA from PK-09 Swat VIII. Bells were rung for five (05) minutes enabling members to enter in the Chamber and thereafter, the election was conducted in accordance with Fifth Schedule read with rule 18B of the Rules. Mr. Mahmood Khan, MPA was declared elected as the Chief Minister within the meaning of clause (4) of Article 130 of the Constitution by getting 77 votes against 33 votes of Mian Nisar Gul, MPA.
4. IN PURSUANCE OF ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR MADE UNDER CLAUSE (b) OF ARTICLE 109 OF THE CONSTITUTION, THE CHAIR PROROGUED THE SESSION OF THE ASSEMBLY ON THE CONCLUSION OF BUSINESS FIXED FOR THE DAY.